We’ve just released the new “European IT Outsourcing Intelligence Report 2011: Norway” that is currently available for free download here. The Report is based on the responses of the 491 Norway-based companies. The ratio of outsourcing to non-outsourcing companies surveyed was 284 to 201.
- The greatest demand for ITO services in Norway comes from B2B software development companies
- Most of ITO projects take 3 to 5 and 10 to 19 IT specialists to complete and are valued at€ 0-199K
- Web solutions are most outsourced, while Cloud computing is least outsourced in Norway
- Most of the Norwegian companies single-source offshore or onshore
- Most of the Norwegian companies outsource to reduce operating costs, accelerate time to market, access IT staff outside Norway and release in-house staff for other business purposes
- The key issues in the Norwegian ITO are delayed project delivery, poor project management on vendor’s side and cultural difference
- Own Development Team is the most widely used engagement model in Norway
- In the future, more Norwegian ITO buyers will go nearshore
- Maximum project control retention is the key barrier that prevents many Norway’s companies from adopting ITO services
More thought-provoking findings are available in the Report.